Volunteers are really at the heart of everything we do. We literally couldn’t open the doors every day without them – Visitor Services Manager, Sam Reece
Who Can Volunteer?
The running of the museum involves many different skills to suit all working ages. From members of the visitor services team helping to keep the shop, café and admissions process running smoothly, to gallery and learning assistants… even gardening and building maintenance! Ideally you would be able to commit to a certain amount of time on a regular basis – maybe half a day a week or a whole day once a fortnight. We can also offer flexible working for our volunteers.
The key roles we are currently recruiting for are:
What We Offer
- Help with career progression and references for your CV
- Great opportunities to socialise and make new friends
- Exclusive invitations to private views and a first look at new exhibitions
- 20% discount in the shop and cafe
- Training in customer service and food hygiene
- Free museum entry year round
How to apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly Visitor Services team please complete the application form below and return to us for the attention of Sam Reece to Ditchling Museum of Art + Craft, Lodge Hill Lane, Ditchling, East Sussex, BN6 8SP or email to email@example.com.
Volunteering - Expression of Interest Form