Painting in Oils from Vintage Photographs
with Amy Dury
Sat 5 February £90
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tickets inc. materials, lunch and refreshments
Under Amy’s expert tuition you will be working from your own old family photographs or found imagery provided. You will explore colour and composition through fun, experimental exercises, and go onto to create your own painting on canvas based on these to take home.
The process will cover:
- Sketching exercises to warm up.
- Mixing and using oil paints.
- Using expressive colour.
- Choosing powerful compositions.
- Looking at other artists for inspiration.
- Creating an oil painting to take away at the end of the day.
- Oil paints.
- Paper for painting on.
- Palettes for mixing paint.
- Low odour solvent.
- Canvas to paint on.
- Sketching paper and charcoal.
- Lunch and refreshments.
What you need to bring:
- An apron (or old clothes)
- Your favourite brushes, if you have some
- A selection of photographs.
Amy Dury is an artist working in Brighton who is known for her figurative paintings using found, vintage imagery and for her portraiture. Amy has appeared on Sky TVs Portrait Artist of the Year (2021 episode 5) and conducted a livestream portrait session for the Tate Gallery which has been viewed 250k times. Also in 2021, she has exhibited with Cameron Contemporary in Hove and was included in the Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize and the Society of Scottish Artists Annual Show.