- This event has passed.
Figure & Fabric: Painting from Life with Amy Dury
Sat 9 July 2022 £120
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Under Amy’s expert tuition you will be working from a model in our studio. Inspired by the figures from the Brangwyn murals, you will warm up with some expressive experiments and then learn about measuring the figure and creating a successful composition. You will see demonstrations on colour mixing and brushwork and will go on to paint a longer pose in oils. You will be painting Frankie who is an experienced model with floor length hair.
- Sketching exercises to warm up.
- Mixing and using oil paints.
- Using expressive colour.
- Measuring and positioning the figure.
- Looking at the work of Brangwyn for guidance and inspiration.
- Creating an oil painting to take away at the end of the day.
- Oil paints.
- Paper for painting on.
- Palettes for mixing paint.
- Low odour solvent.
- Canvas boards to paint on.
- Sketching paper and charcoal.
What you will need to bring:
- An apron (or old clothes)
- Your favourite brushes, if you have some
Tickets include materials, lunch and refreshments.
The Workshop Leader
Amy Dury is an artist working in Brighton who is known for her figurative paintings using found, vintage imagery and for her portraiture. Amy has appeared on Sky TVs Portrait Artist of the Year (2021 episode 5) and conducted a livestream portrait session for the Tate Gallery which has been viewed 250k times. Also in 2021, she has exhibited with Cameron Contemporary in Hove and was included in the Trinity Buoy Wharf Drawing Prize and the Society of Scottish Artists Annual Show.